All about 137th Ottawa Scouts Group
50 years! 1972-2022
We received our charter in 1972. The 137th Ottawa Scouts is part of Scouts Canada, Canada’s leading youth organization, offering fun and exciting outdoor adventure for youth (boys & girls) ages 5-26 in communities across Canada. We have over 60 youth in our Group (Beavers, Cubs, Scouts & Venturers) and 24 Adult volunteers, complete with PRCs and a variety of training and skills as well as years of experience.
“With every new member, with every camp and every community service project, Scouts Canada makes one simple promise to Canadian youth, parents and society:
Scouts have fun adventures discovering new things and experiences they wouldn’t discover elsewhere. Along the way they develop into capable, confident and well-rounded individuals, better prepared for success in the world. Scouts is the start of something great. It starts with Scouts.”
We have some fun upcoming All Sections/Group Events, so mark your calendars for these upcoming events:
- FUNDRAISER - All Year, once a month. Fundscrip (www.fundscrip.com) is a fundraising program that asks you to pay for your everyday purchases with gift cards bought through the FundScrip program. Invitation code is V9A3C9. This means that just by paying for your groceries and gas with gift cards you can easily generate $30 every month - that's $360 a year!
- It doesn't cost you anything extra
- You don't have to change where you shop of what you buy
- Your everyday purchases add up to make a difference very quickly
- FUNDRAISER - Apple Days, 8am-1pm on
- Saturday, Oct 1 and
- Sunday, Oct 2
- IMPORTANT - all leaders & youth needed to help out. More info to come. This is the most important Fundraiser of the year!
- FUNDRAISER - Popcorn, October/November
- End Year Get Together in December
- HCPCA Snow Blast Winter Carnival 1901 Elizabeth Manley Park, February
- SKGA Winter Carnival, Pushman Park, February, Monday, Family Day
- Lord Baden Powell Birthday Campfire, around Feb 22
- All Sections Swim Night at Wave Pool, March
- FUNDRAISER -Scout Seeds, March/April
- Jamboree on the Trail (JOTT), Saturday, May
- Inventory, Saturday, June
- HCPCA Summer Carnival 1901 Elizabeth Manley Park, June
- All Sections Family Camp, June
- Scouts & Cubs going up to Scouts. Week long Camp, usually early July but exact date TBD
- Beavers & Cubs, Summer Hike, July; Park'n Play once a week
- Senior Scouts & Venturers. 6 days / 7 nights Canoe Camping trip, early August. Exact date TBD
- All Sections weekend camp. Exact date TBD
Also note that February hosts Guide-Scout Week.
- There are a number of resources available to aid the implementation of the Four Elements and to further understand the origins of the Canadian Path
- The Scouter’s section is devoted to providing constant support to the 25,000 volunteers who deliver Scouts Canada programs across Canada. Our progress, success and growth, both individually and as a Movement, is dependent upon having access to the tools and training we need to get the job done. You’ll find those tools here - helpful resources that equip us to deliver on the Scouting brand promise – It Starts with Scouts.
- Voyageur Council serves over 3,500 youth in 100 Groups throughout Eastern Ontario and the Outaouais. Our Groups are supported by a team of over 1,200 dedicated volunteers who bring our program to life. The Council generally covers the territory from Petawawa to Kingston to the Quebec border, and includes communities in and around Gatineau, Quebec.
- A resource for anyone in a leadership role within Scouts Canada. (These include Scouters, Scouters-in-Training, Activity Leaders, Kims and Keeos.)
- Program suggestions focused on program delivery and badge requirement for Beaver Scouts, Cub Scouts, Scouts, Venturer Scouts, and Rover Scouts.
- A cross-listed reference of badge work, so when you work on one badge requirement you'll know if it applies to another badge as well.
- This is not a site of official Scouts Canada information, rather it is a resource containing both official and member-contributed materials.
- This is not intended to replace any official Scouts Canada training, or the Program Builder Online, but provided to augment them.
- This is not a definitive source of information for Scouts Canada programs, but is provided to help those who deliver them.